Definitely stole that photo, but hey! It's true. What you couldn't do before you can push for now because every day brings about new things that never before existed (space discoveries, tv episodes, friendships, hairstyles, babies, joint pain, ice cream flavors...)
So make goals for yourself. Don't think it's cliche. It's self improvement. Sure you can do it anytime, but the sooner the better. Like now. Even if it happens to say January 1 on the calendar.
I have a few general goals to improve my dancing and pole dancing. Here's just part of my list:
- Get a 12'' over-split on each side (that's right, a whole foot!)
- Lay flat in center splits
- Achieve a "scorpion" for back flexibility
- More consistent pirouettes (had a fabulous turning dream last night. Hells yes for 8 en dedans en pointe...)
- Two words: Iron X
Cool, so what are some of your goals?
Well.......
I made those goals and totally plan to work for them, but there have been things in my life that have given me a lot of thought. So I invite you to join me in my largest goal.
Commit at least one random act of kindness a day.
This world is full of horrible things. You by no means have to feel like I do, but I want to be the type of person who does positive things not to meet any sort of expectations, not to get special treatment, not to be the coolest most amazing person in the entire world, but because I want to be a decent human being. That's it.
You never know the difference you make in others' lives or the people who look up to you. Little actions can make a huge difference. So let 2013 bring about new things you have never seen before. Challenge yourself. Scare yourself. Push yourself. Grow!
P.S. I have had such a wonderful time in Indiana and loved every second working with the girls and women of Indiana Ballet Theatre NW and Studio Venus Pole Fitness.
Now go live 2013!


No comments:
Post a Comment