Thursday, December 20, 2012

The world is ending tomorrow.

So obviously the world isn't actually ending tomorrow. If you honestly think it is you can go ahead and submit your letter of resignation of having ever been my acquaintance at your earliest convenience. But all of the recognition that the end of the Mayan calendar has received lately gave me a thought.  And, yes, it's the time-old thought of life fulfillment, happiness, blah blah blah...

If the world actually ended tomorrow, would you be happy with where your life got to?

Go ahead and ponder that, make a list, hopefully come up with all sorts of affirmations that prove you haven't wasted the last X amount of years.  I actually read an article yesterday about the general happiness of the population and that you ought to be able to list at least 5 positive attributes about yourself.  And not just "Oh I'm a nice person" or "I'm smart" or "I don't shit on people's doorsteps for fun."  Actual accomplishments.  Like "I won a Nobel Prize for my research in radioactive elements!" 


(NOT "I won a Darwin award!") 


^If you've never heard of a Darwin award you should probably educate yourself.  Make sure to set aside a decent chunk of time to this.  It's like a train wreck, you can't stop looking.  Hell I'm sure there's a train wreck or two in there!

Well, while it's nice to think about all of those fabulous accomplishments you've made, the originally posed question makes a fabulous segue into my blog.

This is going to be a home for posts on things like dancing (say in the Missouri Contemporary Ballet) and pole dancing (with my awesome pole studio Muse Pole Fitness).  If you're looking for things like break dancing, look elsewhere.  I tried spinning on my head once.  Never again.

But really, how often to you get to see the same person do things 


Like this  ->
                <-     And like that?

So stay tuned for awesome posts about awesome things (like my kitten) and enjoy your life!  Really.  Enjoy it.  Why else have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment